Health and Human Services for Elders Aged 65 and over
All Rhode Island residents owe a debt of gratitude to our elder citizens. With lives often marked by sacrifice and hard work to ensure better opportunities for future generations, Rhode Island seniors deserve quality services and assistance. That’s why the EOHHS agencies continually work to provide elders with the right services. At the right time. And in the right setting.
We offer health services and supports in many different settings.
Our state is a national leader in healthcare reform. We provide Rhode Island’s elders with safe and secure options for getting the care they need while living in their own homes and communities. If you are an elder -- or a family member, friend or caregiver -- you should know about the various services EOHHS agencies offer to seniors that help them meet their needs, maintain their independence and improve the quality of their lives. And, if the time comes, we will assist you with issues involving long-term care in your home or a shared or assisted living arrangement or in a nursing home.
Do you need help with:
- For a full list of programs for Elders, See EOHHS A to Z.
- Healthcare or Dental Care Coverage
- Locating adult day services
- RIte Resources
- Division of Elderly Affairs
- Paying for Food or Finding Health Meals
- Getting to medical appointments or from one place to another
- Affording Medicare or prescriptions
- Protecting yourself or an elder you know
- Caring for yourself at home or in the community
- Applying for Supplemental Security Income Program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Obtaining long term services and supports (LTSS)
- Finding health and human service programs or forms
- Resources or Referral